The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/not-only-did-i-use-my-target-visa-but-my-dhs-used-31071830.aspx

Subject:  Re: The Target credit monitoring offer, a scam? Date:  1/17/2014  12:53 PM
Author:  utahtea Number:  307702 of 312702

Not only did I use my Target Visa but my DH's used his American Express card during the time of the breach. We have received two different emails from Target and that was one of them.

As far as I know, they have not offered the free credit monitoring yet. The verbiage is:

For extra assurance, we will offer free credit monitoring services for everyone impacted. We'll be in touch with you soon on how and where to access the service.

We have NOT been contacted on how and where yet. I'm also not sure what they mean by everyone impacted. Is that people who used credit or debit cards or someone who's card was compromised?

I'm not that worried. We keep close tabs on all our credit cards. I would use the free monitoring services to make sure that no new credit or credit cards are requested in our name.

Utahtea
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us