The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Can you delay taxes with DRIPs? Date:  2/22/2014  3:10 PM
Author:  JLC Number:  120187 of 130022

In a non-taxed deffered account, it is all treated as income. One caveat, if you have held the dividend generating stock for longer than a year, IIRC, the dividends might be "qualified" and taxed at a lower rate.

Not sure if recent tax code changes have changed that or not.

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us