The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Exchange rates and cost basis of foreign sto Date:  3/3/2014  6:02 PM
Author:  JeanDavid Number:  120336 of 132498

Just a thought, since I don't use TaxAct... Will it let you use an obviously bogus EIN such as 00-0000000 or 99-9999999 to create a dummy 1099-R?

It will. I don't know, however, whether this would be a bar to e-file.

I am going to have to finish up filing, so I will try it. If it will not let me e-file, I will just put the interest part of the payout on line 21 of my 1040.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us