The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Folly in 50 States and the World / Folly in Rhode Island

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/ri-bank-or-credit-union-suggestions-31148703.aspx

Subject:  RI bank or credit union suggestions? Date:  3/4/2014  8:55 AM
Author:  2gifts Number:  311 of 312

DS has finished college, and is now living permanently in RI. He's got a bank account at Citizens, but he's getting killed with ATM fees (we won't talk about the fact that he should pay attention to this or use the ATM at the branch that is a whopping half mile from his house) and low balance fees.

He has been using his DCU account, but the closest branch to him is still in MA, so he really needs to be doing his banking locally.

Anyone have any suggestions on a consumer-friendly bank or credit union? I'm actually thinking he would be better off with a credit union, but I don't know what's down there.

He needs something with a branch or ATM in the area of the malls so that he could have a convenient way to do his banking.

I realize this board isn't very active, but I'm hoping folks may have it on their favorites list and notice this new post.

I'll also ask my brother and my dad, but figured I'd cast a wider net and see what folks here might suggest.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us