The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: ACA surcharge Date:  3/5/2014  11:06 AM
Author:  JeanDavid Number:  120366 of 130961

Personally, I'd make all these same complaints higher up the food chain to either see if you can get that charge removed, as it really seems bogus to me, and to let them know that although you will pay their fee this year, you will be leaving because of this.

It was probably the Social Security office, not the IRS that I called. But I did not voluntarily sign up for that deduction. I did voluntarily sign up for Medicare part B, and pay for that (and at surcharge rates because they think I make too much money). The only way to leave would be to cancel my Medicare, and I cannot possibly afford to do that.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us