The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Restricted stock short term sale Date:  3/6/2014  1:45 PM
Author:  mjc84 Number:  120382 of 129299

When the stock is granted it is considered income and when my broker sells and pays taxes the gains from the stock ceases to be earned income and is now capital gains. The money I earn from this stock cannot push me into a higher tax bracket even if it is sold prior to a year. Is this correct?

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us