The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Long Term Care Payments Date:  3/7/2014  2:12 AM
Author:  TMFPMarti Number:  120393 of 129503

In looking over tax-related documents, I noticed a 1099 for Long Term Care Benefits. The attached note states to consult a tax advisor about whether the amount needs to be reported as income on my parents' tax return.

See Pub 525 and Form 8853.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us