The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Income help needed Date:  3/23/2014  5:20 AM
Author:  AKFOOL1 Number:  120549 of 129723

My son is 19 year old in college. I claim him as my dependent and he is living with me full time. He files his income tax return as a single status. The form asked to enter the parent who has greater income, which is his father. Even thought I am supporting him, he will be using his father's income to determine his income tax?

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us