The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/the-ant-might-say-lets-start-making-small-31180515.aspx

Subject:  Re: Another 2015 budget proposal impacting retir Date:  3/24/2014  7:59 PM
Author:  inparadise Number:  74621 of 101013

The Ant might say let's start making small changes now, and by closing loopholes we can avoid much bigger, more painful sacrifices later on and that will especially benefit people who are teenagers right now.

The Grasshopper might say "I want my loopholes! And if the system collapses later, tough! I want mine right now!"

Fine. But what I am saying is lets figure out the probable course of action for the future, and figure out how to best position oneself for that course of action, rather than sticking our head in the sand and pretend that changes are not on the way.

If I am guilty of anything, it is trying to plan ahead before changes are even made.

IP
who has typically lived her life that way from day one, as exhausting as that may be
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us