The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/well-in-reality-one-net-income-would-be-31188170.aspx

Subject:  Re: Budget Help Date:  3/29/2014  8:56 PM
Author:  yddeyma Number:  308075 of 312650

Well, in reality, one net income would be $4000/month. But I figure if I can get it down to $3500 that leaves room for unexpected things as well as some steady savings.

Real food, enough sleep, and getting outside with the kids all combine to a pretty powerful boost to your health, which is a great way to boost the budget, too.

I've noticed that, just as with food, I'm somewhat in a rut with respect to this. Because I'm tired, I buy easy food, which costs a lot, which isn't healthy, which makes me tired. I'm so busy/tired that when the kids finally go to bed I stay up late to get other things done or just have "me" time, which makes me tired.

I'll try to work on this. And, you know, I had not thought about getting bloodwork or anything. But low iron and thyroid disease run in my family. So it may be time to get it checked.

I got great suggestions for some make ahead meals and am going to start there tomorrow. Then, if I'm not cooking during the week, I should have an extra hour to play with the kids.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us