The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-have-never-found-this-to-be-true-for-me-it-is-31190062.aspx

Subject:  Re: Budget Help Date:  3/31/2014  3:56 PM
Author:  impolite Number:  308088 of 312650

I have never found this to be true.

For me it is and always will be a chore.

Ishtar
(not a cook)

It's definitely not one of my favorite activities, either, so I'll go against some of the other advice a little and say: have some convenience foods around for nights you just cannot do it.

Granted the longer I cooked on a budget, those "convenience" foods went from frozen pizza to "tortillas in the pantry and cheese from the freezer = quesadillas", but still. I've found having some really easy foods around makes it easier to avoid a drive thru.

I can get home from a late baseball game, throw some stuff in the oven while we all get cleaned up, then it's time to eat and I just dirtied some cookie sheets. Sure, it's not really nutritious, but if I had been faced with Cooking a Meal rather than just Throwing Something In The Oven, we would have had Mickey D's or Taco Bell instead.

Plus "freezer clean out" night means I might have chicken wings, corn dog nuggets and curly fries for dinner and seriously, that's awesome.

impolite
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us