The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/12-or-13-i-have-not-thought-that-far-ahead-31192408.aspx

Subject:  Re: Budget Help Date:  4/2/2014  9:26 AM
Author:  TMFHunzi Number:  308101 of 312650

12 or 13!!!!!

I have not thought that far ahead at all, but sheesh, that seems old. I remember coming home by myself when I was 11 and with my two years older sister as young as 8. Is that not allowed any more? I guess I never thought about it before (I'd be happy if we could just get potty trained) but it is scary to think about leaving them by themselves

In my state, you are not to leave a child under 13 alone & unsupervised. If you have a child who is over 13, they can supervise a younger sibling. Check the laws in your state on when you can legally leave a child alone - and then evaluate if they are mature enough to handle all the situations that can come up.

I run an in home business, and I still used after school programs as needed, sleep away & day camps in the summers, and had a home day care provider I used on a drop in basis (She's still like a grandmother to my kids.)
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us