The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-dont-need-help-with-what-to-buy-but-rather-31193983.aspx

Subject:  Re: Budget Help Date:  4/3/2014  7:49 AM
Author:  LOTROQueen Number:  308111 of 312650

I don't need help with what to buy but rather what to cook. I am typically exhausted at the end of the work day and so we eat a lot of convenience food.

Spaghetti is easy and cheap. Penne w/ vodka sauce (I use jarred sauce). Pork chops are pretty quick to make and for sides, a box of Goya beans and rice or Pillsbury Grands biscuits, vegetables (I use frozen - the taste better than canned and are easy to microwave). Do you know how to brown ground beef? If you can do that, it'll open up a lot of choices of what to make - you can put it in spaghetti sauce, taco filling, sloppy joes, casseroles, etc.

Again, in a rural area I'm stuck with big chain grocery stores,

Groceries don't have to come from a grocery store. Look at Target and Wal-Mart. They might not have everything a grocery store does, but what the do have might be a lot cheaper. Learn prices for stuff you buy often so you can judge if something is a good deal or not.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us