The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Living, Coping, Improving / Fools Against Depression

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/im-ok-at-the-moment-but-the-social-life-has-yet-31197823.aspx

Subject:  Re: Saturday night check-in Date:  4/5/2014  11:47 PM
Author:  PaintItBlue Number:  14979 of 15019

I'm OK at the moment but the social life has yet to really get off the ground since breaking up with ex-BF AGES ago. I feel horribly out of practice at any sort of social activity.

I have to get back to sewing more of my own clothes because shopping wears me out & I don't find enough that I like (I am almost plus-sized). Sewing used to be more like fun, now it's more like work and I have to get around that or I will be living in jeans/khakis and t-shirts.

Have been rationing the beer (one pint per week, usually.) This week it was two; I had dinner Thursday in a pub out of town (and could walk back to where I was staying) and Friday in a restaurant with my sister & her boyfriend. My feeling about alcohol is that it doesn't do anything for the depression & not much for the stress. I don't especially like being drunk. If it makes me more awkward than I am already, I find that really annoying.

The other project at the moment is to get rid of more paper & junk. And get rid of paper faster than it is coming in.

- Paint
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us