The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/question-about-roth-ira-contribution-for-2013-31203312.aspx

Subject:  Question about Roth IRA contribution for 2013 Date:  4/9/2014  10:52 PM
Author:  youngchea Number:  74746 of 99398

Hello, this is my first post on the board, am excited to be apart of this community.

I am a 32 y/o professional and last year I decided to open up a Roth IRA and max it out at $5K. For 2013, I have not yet contributed and I have less than a week. I kept waiting for the market to drop but it never did, so now I will probably be investing at an all time high. I know, I know, I tried to "time the market".

I know retirement funds are for 30 years down the line but I still feel like the market is too high. Should I invest $5K for 2013 anyways? My plan was to put in $5K every year. Doing it when the market is at an all time high makes it less appealing however. Do I just stick with the fundamentals and not worry about what the market is right now?

Your advice is appreciated, thank you!
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us