The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-am-deeply-saddened-upon-hearing-that-phil-is-no-31214328.aspx

Subject:  Re: Sad News: Phil Marti Date:  4/18/2014  4:43 AM
Author:  stockmover Number:  120801 of 129658

I am deeply saddened upon hearing that Phil is no longer with us here on earth. I’ve been visiting this board for well over 10 years and I believe I’ve just about read every post on this board. I would always look forward to reading Phil’s replies not only to gain more knowledge of the tax laws/regulations and solutions to tax problems, but also to read his witty and folksy comments which usually put a big smile on my face.

Phil was a stickler when it came to the letter of the law and he would say so... but his analysis and answer was always right! I remember razzing him in jest, on one occasion, about him still wearing “green eye-shades“. I don’t exactly remember his retort, but he surely had the upper hand with his witty response to me.

We all have lost a wonderful, helpful and knowledgeable man and an invaluable contributor to TMF. You will be sorely missed.

Farewell my friend.

Rich
Arizona
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us