The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/im-retired-so-i-can-spend-an-hour-or-so-in-the-31284211.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT, buy/write strategy for income, TA Date:  6/11/2014  12:35 AM
Author:  blacktreechaser Number:  35309 of 36788

I'm retired, so I can spend an hour or so in the morning looking at my portfolio. And for buy stock/write call positions, its not something I need to look at every day...just reserve some time on the third week end every month where I might have options expiring out of the money or the stock getting called.

For bonds, what I don't do is a yield hunt on etrade, especially today with lousy yields. I don't bring up all available bonds available on etrade and sort them by yield to maturity.
Instead I'll search for bonds by company.

Also on options, I keep it very simple. I just look at option premium price that I could get, compare it to price of stock, and see if the yield looks good.
I only sell covered call options. I don't buy or sell options by themselves...so I don't think I need to get into the fancy words you see in option strategy books and charts.

Sorry its so lengthy, hopefully I provided you an answer.
Fire went well, was a veg fire, less than an acre.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us