Subject:  Need advice on paying off debt... Date:  6/21/2014  4:41 PM
Author:  lioil100 Number:  308281 of 312650

So here's my current situation:
20K debt @0% till april 2015

Monthly out:
~2700

Monthly in:
~1100/week

I have my company match down already at the max company contribution at this point. I have not invested in 2014 roth yet but i know i have till april next year to invest if needed. So my question is how I should pay off my debt? One simple way i can think of which is what i am doing now is just pay off the minimum requirement from the 0% while keeping existing charges at 0 and just "wait it out" till the 0% expires then pay it lump sum. I also thought about investing in Roth asap but that would delay me by a few months in paying things off.

I do have FICO score 721 right now and i have another CC with credit line ~24k and they offer 0% every now and then so i *could* do that if i really need to but i dont see the reason to right now.... Should i stay current course and try to pay off the debt till next year then worry about investments/buying house etc? Because buying a house is also on my mind since I rather invest the 1200/month rent into mortgage....Thanks!
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us