The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/hi-neveragain-lets-put-a-little-celebration-in-31308349.aspx

Subject:  Re: I owe, I owe, it's off to work i go Date:  6/30/2014  10:59 PM
Author:  ThyPeace Number:  308311 of 312777

Hi Neveragain --

Let's put a little celebration in your post, because it deserves it.

By my calculations, you have taken your total debt from $70,700 to $59,680! You've reduced your debt by more than $11,0000, and by 15%!!!!

That is totally awesome!!

Even better for your monthly cash flow and your snowball efforts, it looks like you have reduced your interest payments dramatically. I'm not sure that I did these calculations exactly right, but debt x interest/12 seems to tell me that you have taken your monthly INTEREST payments from $748.93 to something around $520 (you didn't say what the slate interest was so I can't be exact). That reduces your interest payments by $228.75 each and every month.

Cripes, that's more than a 30% reduction in your interest payments. That's huge!!

The term on these boards is a "happy dance" for making it to a milestone. You have several here. Yes, there is work to be done and you have to keep going. But celebrate the work you've done so far. Be proud of taking these steps. Sure there are things that happen along the way -- they're called life. That's okay! Just keeping going.

ThyPeace, impressed. Really!
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us