The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/patzer-you-wrote-there-is-a-costco-being-built-31326062.aspx

Subject:  Re: Considering Sam's Club MasterCard Date:  7/14/2014  7:45 PM
Author:  joelcorley Number:  308372 of 312906

Patzer,

You wrote, There is a Costco being built locally. It's being built in about the most inconvenient location possible without being an hour drive away, but I'd like to check it out. Lots of Fools say Costco is superior to Sam's, but until this one is built I'm not able to check on that for myself. If it turns out that Costco is enough superior to Sam's to overcome the location inconvenience, it would not be a good thing to be tied to Sam's by the rewards card.

I like Costco. I think it's a little better than Sam's. But convenience probably trumps any differences. For me, Costco is only 1.3 miles from my house. Sam's Club is a 40min drive each way. At one point when I lived in Texas the situation was more or less reversed, so I had a Sam's Club membership.

In Washington state, having a Sam's Club membership makes absolutely no sense unless you happen to live right next to one of the three clubs. They're all in the Seattle area as am I, but none are close to me.

- Joel
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us