The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Buying or Selling a Home

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/question-being-is-should-my-wife-and-i-pull-out-31330399.aspx

Subject:  Re: Getting the financials ready... Date:  7/17/2014  12:15 AM
Author:  foo1bar Number:  127253 of 128973

Question being is should my wife and I pull out of our IRA, 401(k, and savings input (put into the IRA account), and put that money for the next several months into a regular savings account?

I would probably not put into the IRA each month, and instead put it into a separate savings account, and then you have until April to decide if you want to put it into IRA or not. Sure you've got a few months that it isn't invested in stocks in your IRA, but very likely that won't really matter since that IRA is going to be invested for 30 or so years.

BTW - $20K of your ~$90K net worth is in company stock - that is too much company stock IMO. (Not that I'm guilt-free when it comes to having too much of my assets in employer's stock - but I *am* making sure I at least stay flat in how much company stock I have - and that's slowly bringing the percentage down toward the ~10% that I have as my target.)
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us