The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/thats-a-good-reason-to-have-electronic-31350058.aspx

Subject:  Re: 1/3 with Credit Files in Collection Last Yea Date:  7/31/2014  11:08 AM
Author:  vkg Number:  308478 of 312954

That's a good reason to have electronic statements and online bill pay. You don't have to worry about closing bills being forwarded.

PSU

For a move it makes sense. When we moved, accounts that we couldn't change address online were converted to online statements only.

In the case of when someone needs to take over handling of accounts, they need to know what accounts exist. For both my father and aunt it was sudden and they weren't able to assist. My aunt destroyed all account paperwork. Her son had to wait for statements to arrive to locate her accounts.

My father never a saw a reason to have a computer. Having printed bills made it easier to handle his bills. His utilities were on auto pay, but closing bills aren't always processed as auto pay.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us