The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/police-action-31580704.aspx

Subject:  Police action Date:  1/13/2015  8:57 PM
Author:  Ollos Number:  1979620 of 2381073

Two weeks ago on Saturday my wife and I went to a local movie mega complex and dinner after. After the movie we were encouraged to use an alternate exit. Getting outside there were several(3-4) police cars and a bunch of teenagers congregating in front of the movie house. We went to our car and moved to the restaurant across the parking lot and had a drink and dinner. There were 20 or so teenagers in the lobby loitering, mostly trying to wait for a ride after the movie and not wanting to stand out in the cold.The owner had called the police and they were in the process of evicting the youths.One young couple standing at the cashier putting in a to go order, were ordered out by a cop. The cashier said hey its all right they are ordering food. The cop insisted they leave and moved them to the exit..

Outside the scene had changed. More police cars than I have ever seen assembled (I stopped counting at twenty)more coming sand teenagers being herded to a designated area.

My wife and I were aghast and tried to help parents looking to pick up their kids. I really thought this was a unbelievable use of force. In retrospect, I thought that maybe the cops came out to prevent a disaster as this was a Cleveland burb, shortly after the Tamar Rice shooting.
I tried to reconcile my feelings, but I couldn't get past the fact that the cops armed in force against teenage kids, had dogs at the ready.

I have uncles and cousins on local police forces but really dogsā€¦against teenagers?

This event fortunately was down played by the local news. Seems like a couple of kids at the movie house got into a scuffle.Used to happen every weekend somewhere when I went to school, didn't require a show of force from 77 municipalities and State Police.
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us