The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/aj-op-indicated-she-was-taking-course-work-online-31598648.aspx

Subject:  Re: Don't want bankruptcy, other options? sorry, Date:  1/26/2015  10:30 PM
Author:  danbobtx Number:  308961 of 312957

AJ

OP indicated she was taking course work online. I concur that the student loan, in particular, should not be used to satisfy the other lenders - thats probably a clear violation of student loan regulations, as well as generally a bad idea.

Regarding a job, a few things that might be open for the stay at home mom include providing phone/chat support from home, or potentially contacting some of the accounting firms in her area looking for data entry that could be done in the off hours. Not sure really how to get her on either of those tracks, but its possible. Also, could potentially work weekends when dear husband is home. There are some other, more entrepreneurial things open to her - Etsy, E-bay, but I don't think they warrant consideration until we get more info on the budget.

At current federal minimum wage ($7.25/hr) is $290 per week before SSI and taxes. I fully expect that it would be very difficult to find child care that could allow you to work a 40 hour week and actually make economic sense at minimum wage.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us