The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Hobbies & Interests / Cast Iron Cookware

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/the-wagner-9-worked-well-on-the-fire-glad-to-31838055.aspx

Subject:  Re: Camping Date:  7/20/2015  9:39 PM
Author:  NoIDAtAll Number:  356 of 387

The Wagner '9' worked well on the fire.

Glad to hear it. I recently bought a #9 Wagner Ware "rocker" that I plan to use over camp fires - It's already wrapped and I bought it cheap, like, nearly, free with the vintage Lodge skillet that I bought with it that sits flat and is, also, well seasoned, so no loss if I should warp the rocker, a bit more, plus it came decently seasoned, so I don't have to mess with seasoning it.

(I don't pack a lot of spices for camp cooking).

I don't either - I usually just take S&P, Lemon Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, a head of garlic and a Vadalia and some green onions, and, maybe, a Navel orange and red apple.

I also like cooking on a camp stove, so I take that and 3-5 1-lb propane canisters, and a couple of propane lanterns. I also have a Coleman "tree" that mounts on top of a standard 30# lb tank, and will feed most of these appliances, for quite some time.

If I stay for a week, or so, I also like taking my Coleman 6-person tent, shower tent, with hot water bottle shower, and privy tent, with portable toilet...

probably more information than you wanted to know, but it is a pretty decent setup - If push should come to shove, I could retire and camp on, pretty meager, SS retirement benefits.

Bob
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us