The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/thanks-psu-that-is-interesting-as-someone-that-32210724.aspx

Subject:  Re: Credit card processing Date:  4/19/2016  10:43 AM
Author:  PSUEngineer Number:  310440 of 312987

Thanks, PSU, that is interesting. As someone that has avoided everything that ever looked like it would get me on a mailing list I do have a hard time with it. That said, I was more concerned about the customer's thoughts.

I don't think having a receipt for your nursery business is that important unless you are providing some warranty on plant life.

I like emailed receipts from places where there is a warranty on a product. Often receipts are printed on a paper that will fade over time, especially when exposed to sun. Home Depot receipts are like this. Then I have to fill a file cabinet for these receipts. With an emailed receipt, I can store them all in folders on my hard drive or a flash drive.

If I'm buying mulch, fertilizer or tomato plants, I just toss the receipt. If I'm buying a bathroom faucet with a long warranty, I'm getting an emailed receipt.

PSU
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us