The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Technical Trader's Sanctuary

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/backtesting-32224064.aspx

Subject:  Backtesting Date:  4/28/2016  6:58 PM
Author:  GiGi12 Number:  2953 of 3923

I am currently doing some back testing. I am working on Forward 10, teeter totter and Simon Sez methods; heaviest concentration on Simon.

My new rule for investing that I learned the hard way is “trader know thy self”. I can’t be at a computer everyday and I have learned my investment style needs to match the time I can give which means daily charts are not the best match for me. Thanks to Quill I realize I can do this but need different time frame charts. I can dedicate every Monday. Thanks Quill! This means my backtesting will be with weekly charts.

I am doing a lot of back tests and plan to include several market conditions. I am doing 4/14-4/16 time frame and will be going back to test a few with the 2008 market tank. I admit this is tedious but is also giving me some charting experience. I will gladly share my results with the group.

If anyone has a request of stock or EFT that you would like me to include please let me know and I will be glad to toss it into the test group.

Gigi
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us