The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/you-all-are-assuming-i39m-buying-flat-screen-32286609.aspx

Subject:  Re: Yeah I got credit card debt Date:  6/19/2016  6:20 PM
Author:  wasmick Number:  310594 of 312987

You all are assuming I'm buying flat screen tv's and granite countertops with the money. I bought silver bullion with it and home insurance for my condo. Im taking a page out of the govt book by buying commodities with expensive dollars in debt and paying it back cheaper inflated dollars. Heck if you can't beat them join them and if they refuse to go on monetary system that isn't backed by anything then you might as well go on your own personal gold standard. "Saving " I suppose is important but no if you're fretting library fines you're playing in the shallow end of the pool... No beer make homer something something

I wasn't assuming that. But in fairness, I also didn't think you were buying up metal with the money either.

We live on a gigantic metallic rock, you're aware of that, right? So, you can pretty much get all the rock and metal you want anytime you want.

But hey, courses for horses, right? Enjoy that shiny stuff
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us