The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks M / Meta Financial Group

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/meta-financial-group-cash-32311776.aspx

Subject:  Meta Financial Group (CASH) Date:  7/11/2016  5:46 PM
Author:  dakota9544 Number:  2 of 2

It gets a 74% rating according to Martin Zweig's Guru Analysis for Meta Financial Group, Inc. http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/cash/guru-analysis/zweig

Other than that it's a mixed bag. I haven't run any deep numbers on this but the management team is getting great PR and the growth seems to be in line with thoughtful management. I'm partial to local (Sioux Falls) companies just because I can keep an eye on them. Here is an excerpted press release that might shed some light on this organization (plus they are highly committed to the city through charitable give-backs.

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (05/24/16) – MetaBank® (NASDAQ: CASH – NEWS) based in Sioux Falls, S.D., was recently named the number one Top Growth Bank by Bank Director. MetaBank (Meta) was identified as the top performer among all banks and thrifts determined by top-line growth over a five quarter period ending March 31, 2016. The ranking was established by the compound average growth rate in revenues over the five linked quarters.

“It’s an honor to be recognized as the number one top growth bank out of approximately 7,000 banks in the country,” said MetaBank Chairman and CEO J. Tyler Haahr. “We also have experienced record earnings the last two quarters, which supports our goal of growing profitably and not just for growth’s sake. I’m proud of the hard work and dedication of our employees that have made these accomplishments possible.”

MetaBank, with approximately $3 billion in assets, continues to experience strong growth across all of its business lines. This includes 27 percent annualized loan growth through its retail bank and premium finance businesses, very strong deposit and fee growth at Meta Payment Systems and record revenues at its tax payments processing division, Refund Advantage.

MetaBank operates in both the Banking and Payments industries. Within Banking, the traditional retail bank business operates 10 branches in four market areas: Central Iowa; Storm Lake, Iowa; Brookings, S.D.; and Sioux Falls, S.D.; and also includes AFS/IBEX, its insurance premium financing division. Its Meta Payment Systems and tax payments processing division looks like a cash cow (so to speak.) Would love to hear what others think.

Have questions? marketing@metabank.com.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us