The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/hi-xtn-842-congratulations-i-think-that-may-32314421.aspx

Subject:  Re: Haven't checked the FICO in quite a whil Date:  7/13/2016  5:36 PM
Author:  TMF2Aruba Number:  310637 of 312487

Hi xtn,

842! Congratulations! I think that may well be the highest I've heard anyone have. That annoying 850 is some magical number that is elusive to everyone. There's some mystical algorithm that supposedly has a max of 850, but truly, it seems an unsolvable mystery to attain.

Regardless, you are a rock star as far as your Fico score.

I'm well over 800 myself, and might've possibly been right there with you...had I not been such a good guy and agreed to consign for a Ford truck for my godson. Thankfully, he's totally trustworthy, and has kept up a perfect record now for about 2 years to date. Doing this didn't destroy my rating, but it certainly caused some damage from all the pinging that dang dealership did. This should be a warning for everyone, btw. When a dealership tells you they have to run your credit, they fail to tell you that they run your credit up to 5 times checking different rates. The result of this is a drop in your score for every time your credit gets checked for this. It took me quite a while to get my number back up to where it should be.

Anyway, again, congratulations on your stellar number!

Best,
Tony
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us