The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Drip Investing - The Basics

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/buying-kellogg-was-using-the-theory-of-buy-stock-32420217.aspx

Subject:  Re: COST OF DRIP INVESTING Date:  10/2/2016  4:09 PM
Author:  nick2302 Number:  27868 of 27954

Buying Kellogg was using the theory of buy stock in a company that makes things you use. There is a Kellogg product that I s used in my home at one point or another just about every day.

Same reason I bought McDonalds 30 years ago when the kids were small and I would pick them up from school and ask if they wanted a snack and the first thing out of their mouths was we want McDonalds. I thought to myself I am spending so much money at McD maybe I should buy some. So I bought 25 shares 30 years ago for something like 36.00 and now it is worth something as the dividends kept being re-invested I think I have about 50 shares now.

Yes I always reinvest the dividends and play like I don't have that money I just declare the 1099 on the income tax each year and call it good.

I would like to get into Clorox as well once I reach my goal at Kellogg. The drip idea is a pretty painless way to save some money and hopefully build a future nest egg. It is just that At&T galls me to no end because they let Computershare (a miserable company to deal with) charge a fee. That irritates me.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us