The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Imp This Ride

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/pence-has-a-more-normal-personality-but-his-views-32473001.aspx

Subject:  Re: Welp Date:  11/10/2016  1:13 PM
Author:  WallyLock Number:  39788 of 40273

Pence has a more normal personality but his views are scary.

In the one and only political campaign I worked on, I worked against Governor Pence. This was in 1988. I was 18, Mr. Pence had not won any election yet and the Republicans were having a primary election to see who could run against Phillip Sharp, a long time Democrat Congressman.
A Mr. Bright was running against Governor Pence in the primary. Mr. Bright had a part time secretary who was in my study hall and I thought she was rather cute. So when she collected volunteers for the Bright campaign, I was right there. I was in charge of rounding up the vote for Mr. Bright in a certain precinct. While Mr. Bright did indeed win the precinct I was in charge of, he did not win the primary. None of the stories have a happy ending. Mr. Bright lost, Governor Pence lost in the general election, and I never did get a date with that secretary.

Wally
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us