The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  IRS Trancript / Account Activity how far back? Date:  6/2/2017  2:50 PM
Author:  tangofan Number:  125944 of 132711

How far back can I get IRS transcripts and/or account activities or any other proof that I filed taxes in a certain year by using form 4506 or 4506T or a similar mail-in form?

I'm trying to get documentation from the year 1999 onward. While I do have a copy of the actual return filed, I don't have a proof of actually filing and I have learned that I might need that for immigration purposes.

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us