The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/thanks-maryanne-your-response-is-exactly-what-i-32807638.aspx

Subject:  Re: Sunday at the Old People's Home Date:  8/13/2017  5:08 PM
Author:  salaryguru Number:  20448 of 21511

Thanks, Maryanne. Your response is exactly what I was interested in. SGSpouse and I have enjoyed travel quite a bit. When we were much younger, we backpacked Italy, Greece, Peru, Chile, Easter Island. . . We did spend a lot of time in northern Mexico many years ago - driving to little known archaeology sites and small villages mostly in Chihuahua and Sonora. We've also spent a significant amount of time more recently traveling in Europe and some in Egypt and Israel. And we've spent a lot of time in the Asia Pacific(China, Taiwan, S. Korea, Japan, India, Australia).

But we're getting old enough that some of these trips can be difficult or uncomfortable. Plus, traveling the world as an American has been uncomfortable on several occasions and that seems to be getting more common. With our current regime in power, I would be worried about visiting S. Korea, for example. So we're looking at Mexico and Central America as a possible travel destination. It seems like it could be less risky and we both speak at least a little bit of Spanish. We still seek adventure and diverse entertainment, but in a more tame version that doesn't stress out old pharts as much.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us