The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-have-listened-to-a-talk-from-kendall-at-home-and-32844874.aspx

Subject:  Re: CCRC's Date:  9/24/2017  4:50 PM
Author:  Follydolly Number:  20456 of 22272

I have listened to a talk from Kendall At Home and Laurel Lake in Hudson OH. I like the idea of a nursing service that will come to your home which Kendall does....for a hefty fee. Laurel Lake is supposedly now member owned. It was built in the mid 1980's and IMO long in the tooth. I think as long as you are living in one of these places with a spouse/parter it might be good. You have someone to look after your interests. Alone, you are living with a bunch of old people waiting to die. No thanks.

I think there are nursing services in my area that I've been told are very good. I have LT insurance, but very limited in payout per day. I guess something is better than nothing. I really need to be home where I am in the country, with my dogs. A long stay in a nursing home or even retirement home would probably kill me fast.

Birgit
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us