The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Mechanical Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/bagoldmn-it39s-a-little-difficult-to-use-but-32888513.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT-Bitcoin Date:  11/8/2017  11:51 AM
Author:  DoesMIWork Number:  268375 of 279138

BAGoldmn,

It's a little difficult to use, but getting on to the internet was hard in the beginning too. I expect things to improve in the future.

I use Coinbase. They make you do all kinds of stuff to prove that you are really you- photo ID, picture of yourself, etc. After that, I wired money to Coinbase, but DO NOT BUY from there! You have to transfer the money to their trading platform GDAX. They are sister companies. Coinbase charges a lot (like $75 for Ethereum) for transaction fees but GDAX only charges you pennies. Once your are on GDAX, the trading platform looks like any other brokerage firm.

I'm a Bitcoin bull, but there's always a chance that everyone else on this board (the Tulip crowd) is right and I'm wrong. Don't put more than you can afford to lose. I get a lot of insight from Seeking Alpha. There are a lot of views from both the Bull camp and the "Tulip Bulb" camp. Follow the symbols ("COIN" and "GBTC").

"COIN" is the proposed ETF symbol for Bitcoin, founded by the Winklevoss twins. They run their own crypto exchange platform, Gemini, which competes against Coinbase.

DoesMIWork
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us