The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Mechanical Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/idoun-you-can-hold-gbtc-in-an-ira-bitcoin-ira-is-32890499.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT-Bitcoin Date:  11/10/2017  10:17 AM
Author:  DoesMIWork Number:  268396 of 279088

idoun,

You can hold GBTC in an IRA. Bitcoin IRA is the only other way that I know of that you can hold Bitcoin in an IRA.

In the old days, people used to split their cargo into different ships. If one sinks, there's always hope that the second ship could make it safely. Similarly, I hold have crypto in both GBTC and Coinbase vaults and am hoping to put some in crypto wallet. That will be three different "ships."

Exchanges- You can move your crypto off the exchange into private vaults, created by Coinbase,etc. In order to access those vaults, you need some combination of multiple passwords, texting to phone , secondary email to ok release of funds and Google Authenticator. In addition, you can place a limit on how much can be withdrawn in a single day.

Finally, another play would be to buy OSTK, which I think I missed the boat on. That would be four ships.

Of course, DoesMIWork could be totally wrong/Tulip crowd right and all four ships sink!

DoesMIWork
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us