The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / New Paradigm Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/ltltltodds-favor-another-beat-for-q4-but-the-32891430.aspx

Subject:  Re: Apache and Nutanix Date:  11/11/2017  12:33 PM
Author:  XMFBreakerTinker Number:  85784 of 115783

<<<Odds favor another beat for Q4 but the market has become rather demanding for all stocks at this particular time.>>>

I agree with this. But we have heard about multiple different silo metrics growing 100%, 200%, this office growing 150%, etc. But despite excellent earnings reports and beats, the numbers simply do not reflect the growth that the company mentions. While giving these stats TTD must be ignoring what its core business is, that must utterly dwarf all this other business, and is growing very little.

Thereby my cynicism. Bolstered of course by basically giving a revenues warning in the quarter of Christmas, which will far more likely than not be the largest Christmas season consumption wise in history. Ali Baba (albeit not necessarily Xmas) seems to be off to a kicking start and without use of any programmatic advertising. But that is of course a outlier circumstance as it is Ali Baba.

I have to review the earnings more and the surrounding circumstances, but advertisers will be back. Where else are they going to go? New media always has fits and starts as you learn how to use it.

So it is not a call to sell, nor a warning not to buy as the price is down. I may decide to do so. Just the reason why I did not hold onto it and have such a hard time diversifying out.

Tinker
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us