The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks B / Berkshire Hathaway

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i39d-love-to-hear-if-there-are-any-folks-on-32903394.aspx

Subject:  Re: Stock Picking Getting Harder Date:  11/23/2017  6:57 PM
Author:  buyandwin Number:  232778 of 245212

I'd love to hear if there are any folks on this esteemed Berkshire board who are using a hybrid approach where they actively manage part of their holdings and outsource the remainder. Inquiring minds want to know.

I manage all my personal funds since I retired 14+ years ago. No pension-no annuity minimal SS and no other means of income other than the income from my investment portfolio.
Portfolio has evolved over the years to now where it consists of 6 securities and 2 CEF's. Since I needed income from day One when I retired on July 1 2003 I have geared the portfolio towards income and let the growing income (excess above my needs)pull the portfolio higher

Current portfolio consists of
1)ARCC (Received in merger with ACAS)
2)ETE
3)EVA
4)HASI
5)MIC
6)MPLX(Received in merger from MWP into MWE into MPLX)
and the 2 CEF's
7)UTF
8)GAB

Many probably never heard of some or all of these securities. I rarely trade and have built up the income received to where all my expenses including FED and STATE taxes is about 40% of received income allowing the other 60% to be either dripped or reinvested for additional income to cover growing senior living expenses. My current cost of living expenses are about 3 times my 2003 expenses, the year I retired.

I hope you find this helpful

b&w
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us