The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks B / Berkshire Hathaway

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/jeff-this-post-is-going-to-be-in-the-32903810.aspx

Subject:  Re: Stock Picking Getting Harder Date:  11/24/2017  1:18 PM
Author:  knighttof3 Number:  232797 of 245195

Jeff,
this post is going to be in the 'heckling' category, hope you don't mind.

-- The $250 credit on RCL cruises is not worth being exposed to the stock for that reason. Get a good travel agent, she can save you hundreds. I believe you can't combine the shareholder credits with anything else. Once you are platinum on CCL and the equivalent on RCL, the rewards are better. (In passing, RCL used to have a kick-@$$ rewards program such as unlimited aperitifs before dinner... or so I hazily recall :-) Must be too good because they cut back on it significantly once the cruise industry got over its slump.)

-- Owning Chinese companies is dicey. I don't know how much they care about giving their profits to their foreign shareholders. (Or foreign 'sort-of-pseudo-claim-checks-not-quite-shares' holders.) JMHLY excepted.

-- Softbank is run by idiots with too much money. They are never going to make back the money they are flinging at Silicon Valley "Bro"s.

-- Since you get bored watching paint dry while your investment thesis plays out, you should follow the companies AFTER you sell them, and compute your opportunity cost.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us