The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks A / Apple

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/as-for-the-iphone-x-and-rumors-one-thing-thats-32969182.aspx

Subject:  Re: Should we expect record sales from Apple? Date:  1/30/2018  10:38 PM
Author:  zsimpson Number:  208325 of 209301

As for the iPhone X and rumors, one thing that’s unclear to me is whether any success with the 8’s can explain or even offset the so-far-rumored disappointment with the X. I suspect the X isn’t as unexpectedly-poorly-selling as the rumors say, whether or not it’s a huge hit. Somewhere in the middle, maybe.

Well, I don't know about rumors, I tend to stay away from them. However, I bought an iPhone X. I do not normally say this about an Apple product, but it's over-priced. The face recognition is okay, but I think I preferred the thumbprint. The one thing it has and the main reason I bought is is for the larger screen but still in a size similar to the 6.

I've personally found the face recognition to be a PITA. With the thumbprint, I could pick the phone up without looking at it, and handle everything via voice. The face recognition is not as accurate and frequently tells me I failed - which means I then have to type in my unlock code, defeating the purpose of the facial recognition. Also, if you are in a dark room, it does not recognize you. And if you turn your head (and I have it set so that I do not have to look at it).

All in all, the thumbprint was MUCH easier. The Facial recognition just really isn't ready for prime time.

Kathleen
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us