The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Well on Less

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/quotbut-your-comment-about-city-versus-smaller-32974632.aspx

Subject:  Re: Newbie to this Retirement Board Date:  2/5/2018  7:59 AM
Author:  Art53 Number:  1818 of 1906

"But your comment about city versus smaller town or rural life is
true except that there are people who like the benefits of a major city." - Howie

Yeah, and I'd like to live in Vero Beach, Florida and eat lobster every day excepting I ain't that rich. Unfortunately reality slaps me in the face and says "Art you're a poor Tennessee boy and you got to live within your means".

I'd like to travel to Vancouver, British Columbia and eat my way across the city and snarf down huge quantities of seafood like I saw Andrew Zimmern and Anthony Bourdain do on TV but unfortunately my pay grade isn't anywhere near what those two lucky guys is so I'll have to stay here in Middle Tennessee and eat Chicken legs and vegetables that I buy from Kroger's mark down section.

What I like and what I can afford aren't exactly the same thing. I'm smart enough to know I got to be realistic and live within my means.

Art
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us