The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Well on Less

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/quotyou-say-that-as-if-you-didn39t-enjoy-32975099.aspx

Subject:  Re: Newbie to this Retirement Board Date:  2/5/2018  2:53 PM
Author:  Art53 Number:  1821 of 1906

"you say that as if you didn't enjoy Tennessee - and the area is quite the
charmer." Howie

-------------------------

The best thing about Tennessee is it is cheap to live here. Probably one of the cheapest places in the country to live. I only live in Tennessee because my wife is a Tennessean and this is what makes her happy. I am here for her. Her family is here and her best friend from college lives in the next town over. If you marry a girl from Tennessee and once they get you to move to Tennessee, you ain't leaving. People from Tennessee LOVE Tennessee. Sort of like the way people from Texas, native Texans, love Texas.

Spring and Fall are beautiful. Seriously mild and pleasant with lots of flowers blooming and all the leaves young and green. Tennessee winters are ugly, cold, dreary, grey, humid, and the summers are hot and humid with tons of mosquitoes. A lot of our weather comes from the midwest and our winter looks a lot like winter in the middle of the country, cold, grey, and dreary. Also in the summer the middle of the country heats up once it gets hot it stays hot till at least the middle to end of September.

If something happened and I was on my own again I'd either back to Athens, Georgia and live near my sisters or move to Vero Beach, Florida and live in a 55+ Senior community. I would not stay in Tennessee.

Art
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us