The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / First World Problems

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/did-you-do-it-for-them-or-did-you-assist-them-33012798.aspx

Subject:  Re: 2017 Federal Income Tax Date:  3/14/2018  4:12 PM
Author:  2gifts Number:  23688 of 23807

Did you do it for them or did you assist them? I'm sure my kids would love if I did their returns but all I do is sit next to them so I can answer any questions while they do their own returns.

I had DD sit with me while we did hers together, so she knows how to do it. DS has other issues, so it is best if I do those for him and send them down to him. He's also an hour away, and it is difficult for him to get up here - he never did get the snow tires on his car this year because he couldn't find a good window to get up here.

If I didn't do them for DS, he'd need to pay H&R Block, and from what I understand, they just take the info and do the taxes. This saves him some money.

I am hopeful that he will be capable of doing them himself some day, but we shall have to wait to see. He's not a Typical child, and so this is just one more thing with which he needs assistance.

Sort of like I have POA on all his financial accounts, and none for DD. He needs the help.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us