The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Stereo 8

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-do-wonder-why-for-example-somebody-like-a-trow-33036894.aspx

Subject:  Re: Norway says no to PE investments Date:  4/12/2018  11:20 AM
Author:  GreenMartianX Number:  1289 of 1757

i do wonder why, for example, somebody like a TROW doesn't have PE arm - what would stop them? If the secret sauce really is long-term holding periods, then why wouldn't TROW logically branch into these areas? Why wouldn't any of the other money managers do so? Surely they would be in front of the same customers and could attract some of the same level of assets? you remember Eaton Vance when they started getting into closed end funds and you could see how ravenous, to use another word, they were to continue with them. As an owner of the money manager, this is what I want to see....be like Amazon and dominate everything you possibly can. These guys surely have the resources to pursue these things.

Unless you believe the PE guys are actually better? They don't seem to be if the game were changed. Or am I all wrong?

just musing - no actual knowledge behind these speculations
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us