The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Motley Fool Hidden Gems / Hidden Gems: Interesting Stocks

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/starrob-i-consider-baozun-and-jdcom-the-least-33037936.aspx

Subject:  Re: Baozun Releases 2017 Chairman Letter Date:  4/13/2018  1:03 PM
Author:  buynholdisdead Number:  13708 of 13725

Starrob,

I consider Baozun and JD.com the least likely Chinese company engaging in serious fraud but I still have only one percent invested into each currently. I think there's probably other ethical Chinese companies like Baidu but I like Chinese ecommerce players best because I think the Chinese government would be the least likely to go after the companies. I think the social network players like Momo and Weibo would be at highest risk for the Chinese government to take them to task.

I would agree with everything you have said here except for Baozun. It is such a small company for a China investment. What makes you think they are a reliable company? Is there something that you saw that made you believe in them? Small cap Chinese companies are hard to believe in but if you found something that makes you think they are an honest company I would like to hear it.

Andy
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us