The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks A / Apple

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/we39re-hooked-on-comcast-x1-here-but-their-33053485.aspx

Subject:  Re: Apple discontinues Airport production Date:  5/1/2018  4:00 PM
Author:  wecoguy Number:  208470 of 208705

We're hooked on Comcast X1 here, but their cable modem, router, telephone interface box wasn't;t wanted or needed because I use my Apple Extreme as my router. So their modem had to be put in a bypass mode, but it worked. Then they charge $10 a month to rent it! Comcast local office tech suggested I buy my own cable modem. Did that, turned the Comcast box back into them. Had some fun as the paperwork got scrambled, so I had to get another box from them, activate it so they could do the paperwork, then I pulled it, gave it back again.. So a little hassle, but in the end they were good. A few months later I saw they had charged me again, so some phone time, in the end they refunded all the rental fees..

As I look at Roku, Netflix, I see more monthly fees so we don't bother.. We do pay for HBO, Sprts, and such, but find more stuff to watch than we have time for.. As the DVR loads up, choices are made, but overall, it all works out.

There is an antenna up in the attic but then I'd need to get another digital adapter, I've looked for over the air TV from our RV, just bought a little 32" flat screen for it, and I do get about 15 channels, with a solid signal, but many are not english.. On the road, that will vary, but campground systems may take over so no need for that antenna.. I suppose I could pipe that into the house, but..

weco
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us