The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks A / Apple

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-know-i39m-a-bit-late-to-this-but-33065884.aspx

Subject:  Re: Take the Fifth! - Sure! Date:  5/14/2018  10:12 AM
Author:  HaltCatchFire Number:  208480 of 209588

I know I'm a bit late to this, but personally, I will happily pay a little more to have a transfer rate of 40gbps over a TOP rate of 10gbps.

The newer USB speeds are nice. I use it when I can. (I'm using one right now!)

But I have dozens of gizmos around the Fire house and at client sites that have Type A connectors. Some of these devices belong to clients and partners. Some of them came with other Apple products. I don't have a choice to simply walk away from the format.

And, overall, I resent the unilateral decision on Apple's part to walk away from the world's most popular connector format. Yes, there are bridges and dongles that can bridge the gap. I resent spending more money to make a very expensive laptop useful to me. Especially when you consider that, for my applications, the Mac is nowhere near twice as good as the Windows competition.

I also understand that the Apple Faithful view the last paragraph as blasphemy. Which is why I stopped replying to this thread. Whatever. You do you.

Regards,

- HCF
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us