The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks A / Apple

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/and-overall-i-resent-the-unilateral-decision-on-33070827.aspx

Subject:  Re: Take the Fifth! - Sure! Date:  5/17/2018  9:15 AM
Author:  zsimpson Number:  208482 of 209588

And, overall, I resent the unilateral decision on Apple's part to walk away from the world's most popular connector format. Yes, there are bridges and dongles that can bridge the gap. I resent spending more money to make a very expensive laptop useful to me. Especially when you consider that, for my applications, the Mac is nowhere near twice as good as the Windows competition.

I also understand that the Apple Faithful view the last paragraph as blasphemy. Which is why I stopped replying to this thread. Whatever. You do you.

I don't completely disagree, but I don't completely agree, either. For the most part, the only way any progress has been made in the computer industry has been when Apple has been "heavy-handed". The only reason we have HTML5 is because Apple refused stay in old "industry standard" of Flash (something that came out in the 80s IIRC) on the iPhones.

I may not always LIKE the fact that they have eliminated some old industry standards, but I love the fact that they make things move forward.

Kathleen

BTW, for me, I was not pleased at first, but then I realized I really did not need it that much anyway.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us