The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks A / Align Technology, Inc.

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/may-be-but-i39ve-been-following-the-technique-33081463.aspx

Subject:  Re: Back on April 25th, ALGN Reported Earnings B Date:  5/29/2018  1:48 PM
Author:  captainccs Number:  62 of 66

May be. But I've been following the technique for a couple of years now, and the results have seriously amazed me. Deceptively simple, in that time, it's failed twice, but succeeded more than a dozen times and counting. Not infrequently, fertile ground occurs when there has been a sharp run up and short term folks take their profits.

I've used a similar technique on stocks that I thought had potential and it proved to work rather well as long as the stocks were in a trading range. Fast growers presented too many lost opportunities while falling stocks produced real losses. As they say, YMMV. ;)

Repeating earlier, the contingent order I've placed for ALGN is -9%, a point it has met or exceeded three times since December 4th last year. (Actually hit -12% that date.)

I read that in your earlier post but I still don't understand it entirely, did the price drop by 9% since December 4th last year or did you buy three times since then at under 9%? As I mentioned in my earlier post, ALGN was in such a trading range from November through April so the technique should have worked but now that it broke out to the upside, it should no longer work -- does not mean you can't try! )

Denny Schlesinger
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us